Re: The Middle Ages--art project ideas?

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz)
Date: Sun Jul 30 2000 - 09:59:12 PDT

    artrageous wrote:

    (asking for 5-6th grade ideas)

    This may be a little advanced for your students, but I've researched the
    history and use of heraldic design and had my HS students create their
    own. It's a neat project because they can include elements of their own
    families' heritage, rather than relying solely on European roots. We've
    also done illuminated pages using homemade "parchment" paper and dip
    pens. I'd be glad to send you the handout I gave at a conference one
    year.

    Maggie

    ---