Slaked plaster gesso?

From: Rdunkelart
Date: Sun Jul 30 2000 - 07:40:35 PDT

    In a message dated 7/30/00 8:26:36 AM Central Daylight Time,
    berkana writes:

    << slaked
     plaster gesso and egg tempera. Encaustic painting is on my art "to-do" >>

    Deb - tell me more about the above. I do the egg tempera and love it. but
    paint on
    heavy watercolor paper or gessoed untempered masonite. Are you painting
    the egg tempera on slaked plaster gesso?

     I tried encaustic painting in a workshop
    and would have enjoyed it more if the room had had better ventilation -
    headache
    supreme occurred due to the melted crayon and bunsen burner fumes. It was a
    very interesting
    procedure and something I might return to again only to avoid so many fumes
    perhaps melt the crayon over hot water rather than a bunsen burner.

    Roberta

    ---