Re: ralph nader included in presidential debates

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan)
Date: Sat Jul 29 2000 - 06:45:45 PDT

    Wendy,
            Thank you for posting the link to the online petition to include
    Ralph Nader in the presidential debates. I signed the petition and
    included the following comment.

    The 15 percent threshold is way too high. Five percent would make much
    more sense.
    Most of all the quality of the debate would be improved if a broader
    range of views
    were present. Also I would strongly suggest debates on a single topic.
    A 90 minute
    discussion on a single topic like education would get deeper into a
    single issue. Too often
    the topics are just skimmed over as questions vary from one topic to another.

            The possibility of having an online petition that can collect comments
    and allow
    anyone to pull up those comments is exciting. How could this technology
    be utilized to
    promote the arts in education ? Think about it, and make comments in
    our little
    forum here.
                                            A Life Long Democrat, Woody in KC

    --