RE: Burlap

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears.us)
Date: Fri Jul 28 2000 - 16:58:12 PDT

    I have parent volunteers cut burlap into squares and tape the edges - it is
    ready for kds to stitch and embellish (grades K-4) - I keep a bin with
    threaded needles and bowl of buttons ready -
    I have also done unweavings by pulling out threads, replacing with yarn,
    ribbon twigs etc... I have also had the kids unweave a large area to work
    as an open weave.
    I have seen some teachers use it as a canvas for clay - but I never have -
    You could glue it to scrap mat board and prime with a layer of latex for a
    painting ground -

    Ellen

    ---