Re: Burlap

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz)
Date: Fri Jul 28 2000 - 13:49:30 PDT

    Laura McCoy wrote:

    > Hello all,
    >
    > I'm putting together my lesson plans for the upcoming year, and am trying
    > to think of ideas using burlap. I have a ton of dusty old burlap in a
    > variety of colours and can't really think of what to do with it. <snip>

    Laura,

    All I've done with burlap is some stitchery with a severely CP student
    who couldn't do the regular weaving unit with the rest of the class.
    However, something I learned on this list, and not the hard way, thank
    goodness, is to wear eye protection when cutting large amounts of
    burlap. The tiny fibers that are released can actually scratch your
    corneas. Cutting a couple pieces probably won't matter; the person who
    posted this said she had been cutting many many pieces for her classes.

    Maggie

    ---