Re: Anyone have an outline of which artists to introduce at which elem. grade...

From: Bill Sechler (BillSe.us)
Date: Fri Jul 28 2000 - 12:38:48 PDT

    Here's a book for all art educators to have on hand, The Art Teacher's Book of Lists, Helen Hume, it has references for all age and grades.

    >>> KLMVisArt 07/27 5:55 PM >>>
    Jackso Pollock
    Mark Rothko
    Piet Mondrian
    Georgia O'Keeffe
    Maxfield Parrish
    Pablo Picasso
    Georges Braque
    Claude Monet
    Edgar Degas
    Edward Manet
    Mary Cassat
    John Singer Sargent
    Edvard Munch
    Kathe Kollwitz
    Susan Rothenberg
    Walasse Ting
    Edward Hopper
    Kara Walker (controversial- look for appropriate silhouttes)
    Artemesia Gentileschi
    Winslow Homer
    Diego de Silva Velazquez
    Juan Miro
    Alexander Calder
    Claes Oldernberg
    Paul Klee
    Maria Martinez
    Salvador Dali
    Andy Warhol
    Jasper Johns
    Helen Frankenthaler
    Leonardo da Vinci
    Michelangelo Buoranotti
    Vincent van Gogh
    Marc Chagall
    Paul Cezanne
    Judith Leyster
    Jan Vermeer
    Jacob Lawrence
    Romare Bearden
    (This is some of what I covered last year at the elementary level. Please
    don't mind
    spellings. Just put my girls to bed and am a bit sleepy myself! There are
    many more I have missed. Maybe I'll add a second list later. I do add more
    local artists as well as artists from different cultures. I try to seek out
    more female artists to balance this list in terms of gender.)
    Hope this helps...
    Kerry