Burlap

From: Laura McCoy (Laura.McCoy.ca)
Date: Fri Jul 28 2000 - 12:24:22 PDT

    Hello all,

    I'm putting together my lesson plans for the upcoming year, and am trying
    to think of ideas using burlap. I have a ton of dusty old burlap in a
    variety of colours and can't really think of what to do with it. I thought
    of soft sculptures (which might be fun, because I know that my students
    were really taken with Oldenberg's Giant Hamburger) but I am afraid that
    since it is such a loose weave that it might be hard to sew and stuff. If
    anyone has any interesting ideas for burlap, I would really appreciate
    them. I teach grade 7 and 8. (Another thing I have a lot of - and can't
    immediately think of a use for - is a sort of really thin bamboo which is
    twisted into a spiral; it might actually be some sort of dried vine)

    Thanks,

    Laura

    ---