RE: moving to South Africa

From: Don Glass (donglass.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 28 2000 - 11:19:04 PDT

    Hello Cory and Lawrence-

    I too am relocating to South Africa in January 2001. My wife has a position
    a WITS University in Jo-burg starting in February. I am poking around
    trying to find some work in art/cultural education. My background is in
    visual arts education (public school, community-based, and museum) as well
    as some program work and research in school reform in the states. Ideally I
    would like to find a program/teaching position at a community-based
    arts/cultural center that is interested in partnering with local public
    schools as Curriculum 2005 is developed and implemented.

    If either of you has any leads on this, I would be most appreciative. Cory,
    if you let me know more specifically about what you are looking for, I can
    return the favor. I am really looking forward to my time in South Africa
    because of the exciting changes and possibilites for improving educational
    access and quality.

    All the best!

    Don

    ---