re: instructions

From: mcgugan (mcgugan)
Date: Fri Jul 28 2000 - 09:46:56 PDT

    I use an activity very similar to Marcias - draw a purple zig-zag line, a
    red circle, a blue horizontal line that crosses....and so on.

    Another one I called "Snowflake" and used it in middle school. I used paper
    napkins which were folded into a triangle. Students had to do this with
    their eyes closed. Instructions were to tear off a corner, tear two holes
    on one side, one hole on the other. Of course they want to know how big,
    etc. but no details were given. Then we talked about how everyone had the
    same instructions, materials, etc., etc. We also mention snowflakes and
    how no two are alike. Then they open the napkins up and they show how
    different they are.

    Joy

    ---