Re: Block schedule

From: Batmom44
Date: Thu Jul 27 2000 - 09:08:45 PDT

    In a message dated 7/27/00 9:33:48 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
    jab1997 writes:

    << 3. Moving at a faster paced to get more in within shorter time frame
     was not good for special needs students.
    this is not good for any of the students, as far as I can determine. There is
    no time for reflection which I consider an important part of learning. To me
    block schedule is teacher friendly not student friendly. Teachers have fewer
    students at the time. And it designed to accomodate seat time and "going over
    stuff".
        4. I didn't always have the same students back to back for first and
     second half, therefore it was like starting school over three times,
     once you really develop relationship with students, they were gone. >>

    Not only that. It may be three more semesters before you get them again.
    Leads to constant reteaching. Helping students get scholarships is rough too.
    You may not have the ones interested in scholarships in art until second
    semester when the time for applying is long past. This coming year, I do not
    have any of my advanced students until second semester.

    ---