Re: my new work

From: artrageous
Date: Wed Jul 26 2000 - 20:19:52 PDT

    Harold, this is really cool stuff--the images look "sculptural." You get
    very caught up in the shapes and the positive/negative space and forget, on
    some, that you're seeing hands.

    Did you do these with a regular camera or a digital? Were they altered with
    photoshop or some similar program??

    I've just started experimenting with the manipulation of digital images with
    photoshop and then doing simple animation with some. I'm such a newbie with
    this sort of thing, but I'd love to learn more, and I'm pleased with my
    results so far. I have a few of them posted on my website
    http://www.bigfoot.com/~artrageous in the "my artwork" section.

    I have no "regular" photography skills, but the digital camera that I bought
    last fall has been incredible. Mainly I've used it to photograph my
    students' work, and it's just been in the last month or so that I've started
    doing "artsy" things with it.

    Thanks for sharing your work. I really do enjoy seeing the creations of
    other art teachers :-)

    Sharon
    EMAIL: artrageous
    AIM: SKBK56, ArtrageousSBK, & others