re: mat board scraps ... don't try "deck the walls" either...

From: Mrsbeeswax
Date: Wed Jul 26 2000 - 16:02:36 PDT

    Hi all,
    I have a book making project due for a grad course this week and I thought
    that I would visit the local " Deck the Walls" Chain frame shop at the mall.
    Well, I got told in no uncertain terms that "They are not permitted to give
    out mat scraps any more !!!"
    The reason being that someone in Oklahoma sued them because they cut
    themselves on a piece of donated mat board.
    CAN YOU STAND IT !!!!! I was outraged !!!!

    thanks for letting me vent !!! Christine :)

    ---