Re: Venture into the block schedule

From: Aaron and Jennifer (THEGREEN99)
Date: Wed Jul 26 2000 - 13:39:08 PDT

        I was rereading your questions. As for student absences... Generally, a
    student who missed had time to make up the work in class - because of the
    length. The student could at least catch up within a day or so and not fall
    behind. There again, that is generally. If a student missed more than a few
    days, the student had a great deal of work to make up. Because I usually had
    a majority of students like that, I planned extra-credit projects. I never
    told them it was extra-credit. Basically half the class was working on an
    extra project (a real quickie) while the other half was catching up.
        I also had an "art enrichment" book. The book contained dittos with
    crossword puzzles, mini-projects that are really simple, word searches -
    just a lot of odds and ends. I also had some art games (I have one that is
    like memory but with art work) and a deck of cards (the cards have pieces of
    art work, too). Students could do these activities if they finished early.
    It took awhile to compile the book, but well worth the effort. :)

    Jennifer in Michigan

    ---