Need help with minor alias problem

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan)
Date: Wed Jul 26 2000 - 11:49:14 PDT

    This is really trivial, but here goes.
            I'm on an i-Mac. In order to save memory space on my desktop,
    I keep most things in the form of an alias. I drag the original folder,
    file, or program to my hard drive. I click on the original, then I
    press the
    apple key & m key (this creates an alias). I drag the alias to the desk top
    and place it in a convenient spot. When I need access to it, it's right there
    to see and I just double click on the alias icon and away we go.
            Except for my Adobe PhotoDeluxe, it used to be an alias on my desktop.
    One day it just disappeared. So I open the Hard Drive icon, find the
    Adobe Photo
    Deluxe folder, open it and double click on the program icon and I'm
    ready to use
    the software. It's minor, I know but I want to skip those few steps. I
    used to.
    I tried often to create a new alias but each time a message pops up that says
    I can't create an alias because the program is in use. ???????? It's
    not, why does
    it tell me so.
            Can anybody out there suggest a way to return me to my old ways of having
    an Adobe PhotoDeluxe alias sitting on my desktop, ready to use.
                                    Frustrated, Woody in KC

    --
                           To respond to me privately via E-mail
                               click on  wduncan