Re: Frustrating Penn/Wilm Job Search

From: E Jane Beckwith (ejb35)
Date: Wed Jul 26 2000 - 07:59:12 PDT

    Wendy, often they do hire at the end of the summer. Have you visited the schools
    in your area and made personal contacts? Did you go to the district office of
    your school district for same? have you talked to art teacher alums from your
    college or teacher training program? Do you have special skills to offer (such
    as photography, computer assisted design) and know the schools that match your
    skills? As my first ever newspaper editor boss told me when I was a cub
    reporter: get off your ass and go knock on doors. . . I found my job through my
    fellow art teacher n

    ---