Re: Frustrating Penn/Wilm Job Search

From: Artgirl109
Date: Wed Jul 26 2000 - 07:28:53 PDT

    I was hired in a new position at the end of June. I've just found out that
    there were many applicants for this job. I really think I got it because I
    found the person that did the selecting and called her often. I got to know
    her through our short telephone chats. Even though I was 1200 miles a way I
    tried to become more than just an application to her. It worked for me. I
    promised her lunch no matter how things turned out to thank her for her time
    spent on the phone with me. We've got a lunch date next week. I know this
    wouldn't work in every instance, but anything you can do that will make you a
    person, rather than an applicant.
    susie

    ---