Re: Texas Texbooks was RE: Elementary Art Job Openings

From: PGStephens
Date: Wed Jul 26 2000 - 07:02:22 PDT

    The word "imagination" was highly shunned in North Texas school districts in
    the early 90s as were other ideas that certain groups (that I shall not name
    here) deemed as inappropriate to the educational environment. Although this
    l(ike many other silly restrictions) have since been relaxed, on occasion
    there are parents who request that their children are not asked to "imagine"
    or "fantasize."

    Pam
    http://www.ARTeaches.com

    ---