Re: Frustrating Penn/Wilm Job Search

From: AnMStringe
Date: Wed Jul 26 2000 - 06:25:45 PDT

    Wendy,
    I have found out that in this part of the country( Georgia) it is not enough
    to send out applications.You have to find out where the openings are and
    contact the principals to set up an interview. Of course, when I was looking
    nearly 10 years ago there were so few art positions that they seemed to get
    filled only if you were in the position to know that there would be an
    opening ( hearing about it almost before it was posted!)
    I think that here you still must ask about specific openings and contact the
    schools yourself. We don't have a central art curriculum co-ordinator who
    pre- interviews you and then sends you out to interview with the schools (
    this was the case in other states years ago) You might need to see what is
    the policy of the school districts
    where you have applied.
    Hope this is some help,
    Ann in Georgia