Frustrating Penn/Wilm Job Search

From: Wendy Birch (wendy570)
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 19:59:21 PDT

    I need some advice from seasoned job hunters. It is
    just 4 weeks before school starts and I am very
    concerned about finding a position. I have applied to
    30 school districts in Pennsylvania and Delaware and
    have not been called in for an interview. I know that
    there were vacancies-that have heretofore been filled.
     Is the job market for art teachers that competitive
    in this area? Do districts normally hire more towards
    the end of the summer?

    One thought I had was that districts might be inclined
    to move part-time art teachers into full-time
    positions or to hire subs.

    Also, could anyone advise me on what other types of
    jobs I should consider (ex. museum education)and where
    I might find listings for such jobs on the Internet?
    I have a master's degree in art education and one year
    of teaching experience. Any thoughts or advice would
    be helpful.

    Do You Yahoo!?
    Get Yahoo! Mail Free email you can access from anywhere!