Re: Texas Texbooks was RE: Elementary Art Job Openings

From: E Jane Beckwith (ejb35)
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 18:02:14 PDT

    Thanks Kim. Do you know anything about the word or the concept of imagination
    being banned from textbooks in Texas? I heard about it and looked through all my
    textbooks at school and could not find references to imagination. But maybe that
    is just a coincidence. If the word was banned, I wanted to know what the
    thinking was of the Texas schoolbook committee. Any information or a reference
    would be a great help. Of course it is wonderful that fact checking is done on a
    systematic basis (a former copy editor and proofreader writing

    ---