Re: contemporary art/aesthetics

From: LOUISE HARVILLA (harv4art)
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 17:35:28 PDT

    Dear Henry,

            I just love reading what you write and it really does make sense but I
    still don't think I can appreciate a Motherwell or a Rothko like you or
    Yvette do. It sounds so fascinating, I want to do it too, but I just
    can't!!! Would it be possible to post an image on the list and do your
    scanning or your "statement" about the piece??? Instead of being the
    docent, play the role of the teacher taking their students to the
    museum. You know, I never had the joy of going on an art "field trip"
    with a class- never as a student. We have a very inadequate budget where
    I teach, and a less than supportive school board. But someday, I will
    take students on a field trip. I only got to do this once, and I could
    only choose 35 students to go. I teach 750 !!! What a tough choice!
             Back to the scanning... could you demonstrate? - Louise

    ---