Re: Fw: Governor Bush Declares The Year of Arts Education in Texas

From: Janjarreau
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 09:08:28 PDT

    In a message dated 7/25/00 9:15:37 AM Central Daylight Time, jdnag
    > In a proclamation dated July 21, 2000, Governor George W. Bush
    > officially declared The Year of Arts Education in Texas. The
    > proclamation reads:
    > "Education prepares children for a lifetime of learning and enriches
    > their quality of life. Although reading, math and science are critical
    > to a youngster's success, art(s) instruction is also a major building
    > block in school curriculums. Whether involving music, drama, dance or
    > design, the arts add joy to a child's life, stimulating creativity and
    > enhancing learning ability.
    > Arts education in schools takes many forms. Young people may play an
    > instrument in the orchestra, paint a mural, sing in the choir or act in
    > a play. Regardless of the activities they enjoy, children develop a
    > greater understanding of history, culture and the rich traditions found
    > in our communities and our society. Students also learn discipline,
    > focus and self-confidence and gain knowledge of how to express
    > themselves both in individual and group activities.

    ..beginning in August 2000, to encourage families, educators, civic and
    business leaders in their support of arts programs and activities in their
    Thanks Judy for sharing this! Maybe if he is elected President he will do it
    for the whole country!