Re: Elementary Art Job Openings

From: E Jane Beckwith (ejb35)
Date: Mon Jul 24 2000 - 12:59:52 PDT

    Kay, I have been querying the list about teaching contemporary art. I want to
    know about textbooks in Texas. I know that Texas textbook decisions affect the
    country, but I don't know the history of that. I have also heard that the word
    "imagination" is not permitted in textbooks by Texas. Is that so? If so, what is
    the thinking behind that decision? Thanks for your help. Jane

    ---