Re: Nudity Elementary Art and 6th grade question

From: KSchiavo00
Date: Sun Jul 23 2000 - 18:13:58 PDT

    I teach 6-7-and 8th graders. If any of them act immature, I shame them to
    GROW-UP! The biggest problem is with my 6th graders who have a hard time
    with my National Geographic Magazines. I quicky tell the "class" ( as I
    won't single anyone out on the first offence) -if they cannot handle the
    material, I will have to contact their parents and have them removed from the
    class or give them an "alternate" (written) assignment. This usually shuts
    them up and I can then continue to teach. I let them know that I am a
    secondary teacher -if I wanted to teach elementary school, I would NOT be at
    the middle school. I quickly get the 6th graders shaped up so I don't have
    to be on their case the rest of the quarter. It's a tough adjustment for
    many and I know I could be a little hard on them but I must get their
    attention and respect as quick as I can- and this way works for me.
    Kathy in Kalamazoo

    ---