Re: Teaching OVer 500

From: Marand10
Date: Sun Jul 23 2000 - 15:21:31 PDT

    I taught over 1000 kids in a 6 day rotation schedule. To learn names, I
    played a game while they were in line called "stump the teacher". Now,
    please understand that I had an art room, and the time was VERY minimal that
    they stood in line to be dismissed to their teacher to walk back to their
    home class....but....it worked...I would ask the first few, one by one, to
    give me their first initial of their first name....and the guessing would
    begin. (of course, you'll have to brief yourself in whatever way works for
    you). If I guessed the name correctly, I WON, and they would have to go to
    the end of the line. If HE/SHE WON, they remained in the front of the
    line.........Grades k-5th and they looked forward to lining up in an orderly
    fashion to try and play it for a brief moment.

    Try it..........you can also change the rules to suit you.......dah!

    Marty

    ---