Once a Week Classes

From: The Austin's (whest177)
Date: Sun Jul 23 2000 - 12:54:19 PDT

    The first year I taught I had grades 1-3 twice a week and grades 4-8 once a
    week. 4th Grade was on Friday afternoons, and between 1/2 days and no days I
    only saw them 2 times that entire 10 week period. Luckily their teacher was
    one of my biggest supporters and she did ALOT of complaining to the right
    people, and that ended that horrible schedule. The following year I had
    everyone 45 minutes twice a week (7-8 went on a complete different
    schedule). Unfortunately, with the new principal came the new schedule, so
    now I have 25 minutes twice a week. "They" have NO idea just how organized
    and "on task" we art teachers are! *L*
    ~Michal

    > I too feel that pinch of having students only one hour per week. No one
    > understands what it is like to see your students the equivalent of one
    week
    > out of the entire year!

    ---