Regarding Art Subs

From: Nnaell
Date: Sun Jul 23 2000 - 10:40:38 PDT

    In our district, a lot of subs won't come in for art. Our art coordinator
    began an Art preferred sub list. We either refer subs who have worked really
    well, or get them from the profile they fill out when they sign up to sub.

    I also have a friend who is an artist and parent in our school district. For
    the very few times I have had to be out, I was lucky to have her come in. At
    least I can leave an art lesson and know the day/hour is not wasted. I too
    feel that pinch of having students only one hour per week. No one
    understands what it is like to see your students the equivalent of one week
    out of the entire year!

    ---