Re: 6th grade question.....

From: charlotte griswold (griswald)
Date: Sun Jul 23 2000 - 08:39:38 PDT

    I'm also guessing you see them at the top of the
    social hierarchy or "top dogs" at your school.

    I'm in agreement with Bunki on this one...move 6th grade to a middle
    school, and they really are teachable. I might go so far as to say
    loveable, but totally clueless. However, I found it fairly easy to
    appeal to their desire to be considered grown up when discussing any
    difficult issues, such as religion, or nudity in classical statues, by
    reminding them that they were in the middles school now, and I expected
    them to have mature attitudes and take things seriously. They puffed up
    like my breakfast Kashi, and did!
    Actually, often the same tactic works with 8th grade if you remind them
    that they are almost in the hs...
    Charlotte

    --
    Charlotte Griswold