RE: Nudity Elementary Art and 6th grade question

From: Kimberly Herbert (kimberly)
Date: Sun Jul 23 2000 - 06:12:55 PDT

    During our Heroes exhibit we had photographs of Greek and Roman statues. I
    had all my arguments ready for the adults, and my "look" ready for giggling
    or crude 5th - 6th grade boys. The only objection we had to the photographs
    was from the Fundamentalist Home School Group (as opposed to the group that
    hated the old administration). Their objection was not the nudity, but that
    we were teaching the stories behind the myths. They considered that to be
    teaching paganism. The giggles came from the girls not the boys. Those were
    easy to handle with looks. I think maybe one time the docent/staff member
    had to send a student to the teacher, because of bad behavior regarding the
    photographs.

    Kimberly Herbert (kimberly)
    CAM Administrator