RE: Teaching

From: BJ Berquist (berquist)
Date: Sun Jul 23 2000 - 05:43:11 PDT

    Henry wrote:

    "Just now in Arts Ed (or Ed in general for that matter) I think
    that there is just too much material available to assimilate it
    all in the forms it is currently in. We await an era of
    consolidation to structure it into more managable chunks. (and even a
    more biological)
    sense of the history of our processes of learning. . . . )"

    We have met the "era of consolidation" and it is us! The strength of
    this list as an arts community is, as in any community of learners, the
    valuing of the individual members and what they have to contribute.
    Each participant to the Netters postings, and each reader of the posts
    is synthesizing and analyzing vast quantities of information from a
    knowledge base that far exceeds any single set of texts or resource.
    You are a remarkable group of educators who draw on (this is a rough
    guestimate) over 1000 total years of professional experience. I
    celebrate each member's uniqueness as well as your generous ability to
    share and nurture.

    Respectfully submitted,
    BJ Berquist
    bjb