Re: 6th grade question.....

From: The Austin's (whest177)
Date: Sat Jul 22 2000 - 23:15:42 PDT

    We have a 7-12 high school, so my 7th graders are pretty shy and timid for
    the most part. 8th graders are either gems or gray hair makers - doesn't
    change that any! *L* I teach K-12, and even tho 6th grade is the hierarchy
    of the elementary pecking order, my 6th graders are always eager to work and
    still enjoy art tremendously. Of course, I try to have special projects just
    for them, such as my crepe paper masks and silhouette paintings.
    (http://www.geocities.com/theartkids ). These are projects that they see
    displayed every year and so they look forward to finally getting to do them!
    ~Michal

    > I'm wondering if someone who teaches high school 9th graders would give us
    > their "take" on 9th through 12 graders. Does anyone else on the listserv
    > teach 8th graders in a high school setting? IMHO it all depends on your
    > point of view.

    ---