Nudity Elementary Art and 6th grade question

From: Alasann1
Date: Sat Jul 22 2000 - 21:53:06 PDT

    I have found that nudity and 6th grade boys do not go well together. 5th
    isn't much better.
    But anything below that and this is the pat answer:
    I believe the human body and its appreciation are central to art. What better
    environment than the art room to learn a mature and appreciative attitude
    toward an integral part of art history.
    So forth and so on.
    I believe it too.
    I also think there are a whole different set of rules for 6th graders.
    Any response?
    I am teaching them for the 1st time in 6 years this next year. How do you
    keep them on task? What interests this complex population?

    ---