re: free matboard

From: Teri Mason (terily)
Date: Sat Jul 22 2000 - 16:12:20 PDT

    Bunki,
      I'm sorry to hear Michael's is capitalizing on the already underpaid
    teachers! Around here, I have several framing shops (some local, some
    big chain) that donate mat board. We go through it like mad (displays,
    sketchbooks, as painting surfaces, you name it). There are several
    schools who use the big chain, and there is always enough. The frame
    shop manager there LOVES that we are using it, so it doesn't get
    dumped. They have so many scraps everyday that there was no way they
    could save it to sell. So keep asking, and always tell them that you
    are a teacher. Oh, and I always thank them publicly when I have my
    yearly art show (in the brochure... some free advertising for them, and
    all the parents remember it and will say thank you when they go in).

    teri

    ---