nudity- interpreting themes in art

From: Michelle H. Harrell (michelle_h_harrell)
Date: Sat Jul 22 2000 - 14:51:33 PDT

    Howdy fellow artsednetters!
    A couple of days ago, I asked for pairs of artworks that artists interpreted
    in different ways. After I introduce how artists how re-interpreted these
    stories, my students will re-interpret their own choice. I've found lots of
    great artworks to compare that depicted "Venus" because it was a popular way
    to show a beautiful nude woman. What if my students want to create their own
    'modern' Venus? I personally LOVE the idea but I'm concerned about how it
    will be viewed by Joe Public. I know we've had the thread about how to talk
    about works of art that have nudity but what about students creating images
    that are nude? Am I pushing the limits- especially since this will be my
    first year at this school?

    Michelle H. Harrell
    michelle_h_harrell
    Southeast Raleigh High School