who are the powers that be working for?

From: Litesal (litesal)
Date: Sat Jul 22 2000 - 05:51:38 PDT

    > For what it's worth, I came to the conclusion long ago that in education -
    > if it makes sense, it won't be done! Sometimes I wonder who the powers
    that
    > be are working for, because there are times it doesn't seem to be the
    kids!
    > Just my two cents!
    > Sally ^.^ salnmike

    I know this sounds jaded. And, despite what I'm about to say, I'm fairly
    happy with my own administration . . . BUT, it seems that all major
    decisions, not just in schools, but in the world, can be traced back to the
    almighty dollar.

    My two cents (hee hee)
    Leah

    p.s. Grants are a great way to get lots of money to spend. Once the grant
    has been granted, the money has to get spent, so things get done. In my
    district, we have members of the administration that are responsible for
    writing grants, and we get quite a few. Plus, we engage in partnerships
    with universities. Those partnerships get us extra personnel, after school
    programs, and technology. The only downside is that our grantwriters focus
    on reading and technology, not the arts. If we art teachers want grants, we
    must write them ourselves.

    ---