Re: contemporary art/aesthetics

From: Batmom44
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 21:11:56 PDT

    In a message dated 7/22/00 12:00:44 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
    yvlewis writes:

    << I actually don't find that "scanning"
     reduces the artwork or interfers with an aesthetic experience. >>

    I have to agree with you. I find that it causes the viewer to be much more
    observant of the work itself. I think that definitely impreoves the aesthetic
    experience. I usually have my students respond to a work both objectively
    and subjectively.
    Reatha

    ---