Re: visual discovery journals

From: Yvette Lewis (yvlewis)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 21:08:51 PDT

        I'm going to start the kids out making half of their sketchbook a visual
    (discovery)
    > journal. They'll be able to make collages &/or draw, use watercolor
    pencils,
    > markers, paint etc. They can use magazine or even junk mail images,
    > headlines, whatever speaks to them.

    I think this is a great idea. I am also thinking about using some type of
    visual journal where they can record not just sketches for class
    assignments.

    Would you require a set number of entries or specific topics? How often
    would it be collected. What would be the grading scale?

    There is a teacher up around me who does his own very beautiful journals and
    has used them extensively with his middle school students.

    Yvette

    ---