Re: Substitute Sob tale.......

From: charlotte griswold (griswald)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 19:19:35 PDT

    If...heavens forbid...the unplanned absence occurs and none
    of the few subs are available, then another teacher's prep is effected
    and
    you have to re-imburse those teachers $20 each.
    That is outrageous! YOU have to reimburse...in my district where the
    salaries are so low that you have to crawl on your belly to get under
    them, we at least are paid $22 a period if we have to cover a class on
    our prep, and it comes out of the leave of the teacher who is gone...not
    a personal payment. We negotiated this a couple of years ago...before,
    it used to be a trade off.
    Charlotte

    --
    Charlotte Griswold