520c problems solved / almost ?

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 18:34:57 PDT

    I had been asking how to make good use of a PB 520c. Thanks to those
    who send me suggestions. I found some low end programs (68k) that I'm
    putting on it. They look like they will meet my needs.
    1- I found Jpeg View to run my digital photos as slide shows.
            I can use it to show students photos right after we take them.
    2- I found Digital Darkroom to edit photos on the powerbook.
            I can at least rotate vertical photos so we don't have to tilt
            our heads to look at them.
    3- I found grade maker to keep rosters on and figure grades for me.
            I'm poor at record keeping, maybe this will keep me on track.
    4- I'm using a 68k version of u calendar to create a virtual calendar.
            It can be updated, printed out, and even posted on my web site.
    5- I've been slightly successful in putting one grandchild on as wallpaper.
            I've got to add them all to maintain my priorities.
    6- For word processing I found an enhanced version of simple text.
            It lets me change fonts, type size, colors, etc.
    7- My biggest hurdle are the batteries. I'm sure they have been dead
            way too long. (Replacements cost $116 - $138) The best idea so far
            is to use them as paper weights. I'll just keep it plugged in on my
            desk at school and imput data there.
    8- Does anyone have any idea about how to patch my i-Mac directly
            into the PB 520c so I don't have to keep putting things on discs
            to transfer things ??????

            Any imput would be helpful, Woody in KC

                           To respond to me privately via E-mail
                               click on wduncan