Well, I made the call

From: Alasann1
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 18:34:33 PDT

    After much thought I have chosen not to take a job that is covering 5
    elementary schools each week. I was impressed by two who wrote of glowing
    experiences with similar work. I will have a 9-month residency as an Artist
    in Residence for the state Arts Council and count my Oprah blessings. This
    is in a school where my youngest child attends and I want this to be a
    special year for us. The personnel person was very understanding about my
    concerns.

    ---