Re: RE art classroom design for special needs children

From: PurpleArt
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 16:02:45 PDT

    WOW! FUN! Lucky you! Some things I would wish for in such a room would
    include:
    1) sinks that wheels chairs could roll nice and close to (or under)
    2) same for tables
    3) riftan (sp?) chairs
    4) wall space that you could hang giant sheets of paper on for painting
    (easel style)
    5) floor space where you could roll out giant sheets of paper so wheel chairs
    could roll around and make painted print designs
    6) shelves and tubs accessible for kids to store their own stuff (supplies
    and projects)
    7) bean bag chairs so kids could get out of wheel chairs and do art games on
    the floor and for kids who need to get away from the group to chill for a
    while
    8) lots of toy animals, reptiles and stuff for visually impaired (and other)
    kids to feel and draw
    9) bunch of adapted equipment for holding paintbrushes, crayons, etc.
    10) of course, a computer

    Good luck -- when is the room scheduled to begin class? --Lisa in SD

    ---