Re: teaching contemporary art

From: LOUISE HARVILLA (harv4art)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 15:39:03 PDT

    Dear Kerry,
            I just stood in front of a Motherwell with friends at the Cleveland Art
    Museum. They're all teachers but I am the only one who teaches art. They
    wanted insight I could not provide. How can I have one of these...
    Awakenings or an 'epiphany' as you put it, while standing in front of a
    Motherwell. I cannot appreciate Rothko either, so maybe I'll never
    understand minimalist art. I am more open-minded than these friends I
    went to Cleveland with and I suspect I missed a golden opportunity. Do
    have advice or suggestions? Louise

    ---