Re: Lillian Schwartz and the Da Vinci Morph...

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer.us)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 12:19:21 PDT

    from: Bunki Kramer (bkramer.us)
    Los Cerros Middle School
    968 Blemer Road
    Danville, CA 94526
    ************************

    >From: DeDeRuss
    > Yes, I had heard this too. A friend told me they x-rayed it and saw his face
    > beneath. (but of course I don't know if this is a fact )!

    This article said that Dr. Schwartz digitized both the self-portrait of the
    artist and the Mona Lisa. She flipped the self portrait and merged the two
    images together using a computer. She noticed the features of the face
    aligned PERFECTLY! It also mentions that in his notebooks he recorded model
    sittings but nowhere can be found any records of the Mona Lisa model
    sitting. The article also asks you to draw your own conclusion...and to
    ponder why the Mona Lisa is smiling. Toodles.......

    ---