Re: Lillian Schwartz and the Da Vinci Morph...

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 12:10:40 PDT

    Bunki Kramer wrote:

    > I finally got around to visiting this site and found the link of Leonardo Da
    > Vinci's MONA LISA speculation of it actually being a morph of his own face
    > intriquing. This was a new idea to me. Have any of you heard of the same
    > thing? You can get to the exact site faster if you go to...

    Bunki,

    I have a back issue of ArtNews with the article about it. A researcher
    combined half of Mona and half of Leo and yeah, they do look similar.
    However, I've always understood that many artists unconciously tend to
    draw people in their own image. I know the few times I draw people,
    they are long-limbed and thin, which of course is not too realistic.

    If you want to see the article, I can copy it and send it to you.

    Maggie

    ---