art gratitude journals

From: John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 11:05:53 PDT

    Here is my idea, borrowed from Oprah's guest's book. "Simple
    abundance" is a book about being grateful of being. Basically if you
    believe good thoughts and write 5 down each day then you will
    improve personally and improve your quality of life. I bought the
    journal recently and I write down 5 things I am grateful for each
    day. (there are samples in the front)- but little things are
    important too. i.e.- Yesterday I took a break from packing and went
    on a long walk with my boys on a dirt path along a creek. My journal
    entry was-"for walking on trails with my boys". I was thinking of an
    art gratitude journal. Pick 5 things as a class they are grateful
    for learning, doing, seeing, or funny things that happened-"I'm
    grateful Mrs. B opened up that smelly bottle of paint (now she's
    covered in it)LOL" etc. We could change the attitude of art. Then on
    the last day make it fun for each kid to pick a place and read the
    entry from that day. They might remember lessons they forgot. (a
    simple folder with paper would do, or a thin notebook for each
    class.)
    Sandra
    Just a thought:)
    astroboy