RE art classroom design for special needs children

From: Judy_Potter
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 11:00:20 PDT

    I have been asked to design an art room for the special needs children I
    work with at a local art center. The children have physical, developmental
    and emotional disabilities. A prominent local foundation has agreed to
    provide the capital if I can design a room in our new art center. If anyone
    has any ideas for an exciting and nurturing environment I would love to
    brainstorm with you. My e-mail address is LArt Express Thank you for
    your time and expertise.
    Lisa
    Lisa,
    Look at the ArtExpress web site at: www.mprojects.wiu.edu/art
    It is a federally funded project that has created a curriculum for young
    children with disabilities. The site contains information about lots of things
    including setting up the environment, how to order the curriculum, teacher
    training, and monthly newsletters to participants. Worth checking out.
    Judy

    ---