matboard scraps...

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer.us)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 09:31:21 PDT

    from: Bunki Kramer (bkramer.us)
    Los Cerros Middle School
    968 Blemer Road
    Danville, CA 94526
    *******************

    They had a big box full of matboard scraps that said "free stuff". You
    should have seen the huge pile I carried off! I only stopped because some
    other people were standing there waiting for me... I felt the need to say,
    "I'm a teacher!"and they nodded sympathetically. Now I have to figure out
    where to store it until I can get into my new room
    -Lydia in Toledo
    *******************

    IMHO...you might want to keep your actual source close to the vest (grin).
    Five years ago I got 3 full CAR LOADS of free matboard from a Michael's Arts
    and Craft Store. I coulda gotten more but I got so exhausted filling up my
    trunk, backseat, and front seat with free matboard 3X's. Five years ago and
    I STILL have at least half left. Anyway...I was teaching a prof. credits
    course and told the class about my great source. Big mistake on my part.
    Next time I went back to Michael's they were selling those leftover pieces
    for $2 a pop. They don't give it away free anymore thanks to my little
    rosebud mouth. Toodles....

    ---