3 help questions on one post- Early El, El, and Intro High (longish)

From: Christy Garrison (foxy)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 08:51:04 PDT

    Hello all!
    Here's your MORE MAIL NOW! (SMILE)
    I have three things that I need some help on, but I'd like to give you a little background on my situation first. I am newly graduated from Grand Valley State in MI with a BA in Arts Education, Minor in Elementary Ed. I am having trouble finding a job.

    Currently I am focused on art because that is my main passion. I have had several interviews (around 5) for various positions in art ed. (ele. teacher, and middle) There is a substitute position at the high school open in intro art for the fall. I have expressed interest to the right people, and now am just waiting for the call for the interview. The position is year long (pregnancy leave), and I wouldn't have to go through the where-am-I-going-to-be thing in regular subbing. However, it is part-time, with the part time money. Any advice for this interview? I know that these positions are hard to get (art in general), but I feel pretty discouraged. Anyway, to help save my rear when fall begins, I have agreed to teach some afterschool art classes.

    Here are my questions:
        1. Clay ideas for ages 8- 14 after school? I do have access to a kiln.
        2. The other class is called Multimedia Mania for ages 5-8. Saturday morning class. ideas?
        3. Basic ideas for the High School Intro art classes?

    I want to be OVER prepared for this high school interview, and I've already saved tons of ideas from you all. (printed and in a notebook)

    Thanks in advance for all of your help!!! (no "list" thank you's {smile})
    Christy in MI

    ---