Jan's classroom (still a mystery)

From: Janjarreau
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 02:03:22 PDT

    I've been off line for several days and I just wanted to tell everybody what
    I know about my school. I have not seen my classroom yet because it has not
    been assigned yet. I found out they are working on where I will be (the
    secretary told me when I went in to turn in my paper work). I got the phone
    # for the other art teacher and called her to introduce myself and she told
    me my classroom floods every time it rains. It is sometimes ankle deep and
    they will move to the gym. She said my room used to be the boys locker room.
    She is thinking they will put me somewhere else since they told me my room
    was not assigned yet.
        Some good news is, I landed an after school art teaching position at a
    Presb. Church. I will teach once a week for 1 & 1/2 to 2 hours and will
    develop the curriculum. It may end up being K-12 or at least K-6. It will
    be Art I, II and III. The director also asked me if I was interested in
    doing the same thing at the School for the Blind that is located down the
    street from the church. I told him yes and so he will check on that too.
    Since they (blind kids) reside there, he said it could be a night class. I
    plan to go to that school after the church class so I can get both side line
    jobs done in one day/evening. I will be tired on that day, but it will be
    easier for me to travel just one day a week. Do you think I am taking on too
    much? Let me know what you think. Thanks.
    Janice

    ---