Re: Well I did it.

From: KLMVisArt
Date: Thu Jul 20 2000 - 19:22:19 PDT

    Well now... I teach at 3 schools, all elementary. I have approx. 1,000
    students grades pre-K through 5. OFTEN, I feel that I am JUST a prep but
    deep down I am somehow convinced that I am reaching many more students with
    my special kind of enthusiasm for art! I LOVE my job. I AM overstretched.
    I do 3 art shows, hanging one piece from each student. I keep track of 1,000
    portfolios, etc. Would it be more meaningful if I had a room and one school
    where I could really foster the connections I make with my students- YES! It
    is crazy, but I still feel lucky! For the children's sake and mine I do wish
    that they would hire another art educator. The poor children only get art
    twice a month- plus an integrated on occasion.
    If you take the position you might just be one of those "my cup is half full
    kind of people (and I'd say "Welcome to the club, and advocate, advocate,
    advocate!!!")
    Good luck,
    Kerry

    ---